On October 24, 1961, Joan Risch, a 31-year-old housewife and mother of two, disappeared from her home in Lincoln, Massachusetts. A trail of blood led from the kitchen to the driveway, but her body was never found. The case remains unsolved to this day.
What Happened that day?
On October 24, 1961, Joan Risch returned home from a dentist appointment with her daughter Lillian around 11:30 am. She was seen by a neighbor mowing the lawn around 12:30 pm. At 3:00 pm, her husband, Albert Risch, returned home from work and found the blood trail. He called the police, who searched the house and surrounding area but could not find any sign of Joan.
Here is a more detailed timeline of events:
- 11:30 am: Joan Risch returns home from a dentist appointment with her daughter Lillian.
- 12:30 pm: Joan is seen by a neighbor mowing the lawn.
- 3:00 pm: Albert Risch returns home from work and finds the blood trail.
- 3:15 pm: Albert Risch calls the police.
- 4:00 pm: The police arrive at the Risch home and begin their investigation.
- 5:00 pm: The police search the house and surrounding area, but they cannot find any sign of Joan.
- 6:00 pm: The police call off the search for the day.
- Joan Risch was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1930. She graduated from Hunter College with a degree in English literature.
- She married Albert Risch in 1952. They had two children, a son and a daughter.
- The Risch family lived in Lincoln, Massachusetts. Joan worked as a secretary at Harcourt Brace World, a publishing company.
- On October 24, 1961, Joan returned home from a dentist appointment with her daughter Lillian around 11:30 am. She was seen by a neighbor mowing the lawn around 12:30 pm.
- At 3:00 pm, Albert Risch returned home from work and found the blood trail. He called the police, who searched the house and surrounding area but could not find any sign of Joan.
- The police investigation into Joan’s disappearance was extensive. They interviewed dozens of people, including Joan’s family and friends, her neighbors, and her coworkers. They also searched her home and belongings, but they found no clues as to what had happened to her.
- The police believe that Joan was injured in the kitchen, but they don’t know what caused the injury or who was responsible. There were no signs of a struggle, and no weapon was found.
- The police also considered the possibility that Joan had staged her own disappearance. She had a history of mental health problems, and she had recently been prescribed medication for anxiety. However, there is no evidence to support this theory.
- Other theories about Joan’s disappearance include:
- She was abducted by a stranger.
- She was murdered by someone she knew.
- She died in an accident, such as a fall or a car accident.
- She committed suicide.
Photos of Joan Risch:
Unfortunately, there are no known photos of her publicly available. The only known photo of her is a police sketch that was created after her disappearance.
The police sketch is based on the descriptions of Joan Risch given by her family and friends. It shows a woman with short, dark hair and brown eyes. She is wearing a white blouse and a dark skirt.
The police sketch is not very clear, but it is the only image of Joan Risch that exists. It is a valuable piece of evidence in the investigation into her disappearance.
|Crime Scene , Joan Risch Case
The Unsolved Case:
The case of Joan Risch remains unsolved to this day. There are many theories about what happened to her, but the truth is, we may never know. Her disappearance is one of the most baffling and mysterious cases in New England history.
The case of Joan Risch has never been forgotten. Her story continues to fascinate and intrigue people, and it remains one of the most talked-about cold cases in the United States.
The disappearance of Joan Risch is a tragic and unsolved mystery. Her story is a reminder that even in the most seemingly safe of places, danger can strike. We may never know what happened to Joan Risch, but her story will continue to haunt us for years to come.
Talktails | Truth is our currency